- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the Hershey’s milk chocolate)
- 2 Tbs vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2/3 cup Honey Graham Crackers
- mini cupcake pan
- 24 – 30 mini cupcake inserts
- optional: A double boiler. (I just use a steel bowl in a pan with water in the pan and throw a lid on the bowl)
Melt the shortening and chocolate chips
In the double boiler melt 2 Tbs of shortening and 2 cups of chocolate chips (the whole bag). I usually bring to a low boil then turn it down a notch.
Make the peanut butter filling:
Add 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and 1/2 cup of peanut butter in a sauce pan over medium . Once the peanut butter and butter looks melted smooth add in 1 cup of powdered sugar while the heat is still on. Let it cook just long enough to crush up the graham crackers (about 1/2 packet) to a fine powder. Add 2/3 cup of crushed graham crackers to the smooth mix. Turn the heat off and mix in the graham crackers to a nice consistent paste.
Make the Peanut Butter Cups:
Line the pan with the inserts. Spoon about a Tbs of the melted chocolate into each insert. I just took a big spoon and dripped it into the bottom and then slid the spoon up each side to fill in the little creases. Do this for each cup. Add about 1 heaping tsp of the peanut butter filling to each. Use the remaining chocolate mixture to cover the tops of each. Freeze for ~ 2 Hours or refrigerate for around 4 Hours and you’re done!